Ensure you use fresh eggs for this recipe as it helps them retain their shape during cooking.
Serves 2 |Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 PECK Heart Sausages
- 2 slices rustic bread, toasted
- 1 medium tomato
- Sprinkle of dried oregano or a few chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tsp olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 tbsp Hollandaise sauce
- 2 medium eggs
To serve; fresh oregano or thyme leaves (optional) and cracked black pepper
- Cut the tomato in half, season and scatter with oregano. Drizzle the tomatoes with a little olive oil and place under a preheated medium grill for 18 – 20 minutes along with the PECK heart sausages, turn the sausages half way through the cooking time.
- Either slice the bread or cut a heart shape from each bread slice and lightly toast.
- Meanwhile, fill a large, shallow pan with water (about 3cm deep) and bring to a simmer. Place into the water two heart shaped moulds. Then break the eggs into separate small cups (again to help maintain their shape when they’re placed in the pan). Gently tip the eggs into the moulds and poach for 2-3 minutes or cooked to your liking.
- Warm the Hollandaise sauce in a bowl in the microwave or in a small pan
- To serve, place one tomato half on each piece of toast. Top with the Peck heart sausages.
- Once the eggs are poached, drain them with a draining spoon and place on top of the sausage. Spoon a tablespoon of Hollandaise sauce onto the eggs. Garnish with fresh oregano or thyme leaves and cracked black pepper.