Serves 2 | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 PECK Heart Sausages
- 275g New Potatoes, boiled for 5 minutes and grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot or small onion halved and thinly diced
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 110g baby chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 150ml dry Champagne or Sparkling Wine
- 50ml vegetable stock
- 75ml crème Fraiche
- 85g Fresh Spinach
- Sprinkling of chopped fresh parsley for serving
- Cook the PECK heart sausages under a medium grill for 18 – 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Heat ½ the oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat, add the diced onions, garlic and mushrooms, fry 5 – 8 minutes until the onions and mushrooms are soft.
- Season the grated potatoes, divide into 2, dust hands with flour and bring the potatoes together to make 2 potato cakes. In another fry pan, heat the remaining oil and fry the potatoes over a medium heat for 10 – 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Pour the stock and the Champagne into the pan with the mushrooms; increase the heat until the liquid is reduced to a 1/3.
- Combine the Crème Fraiche and seasoning in a small bowl and then add to the frying pan and stir until mixture has thickened.
- Place the spinach in a pan with 1 tbsp of boiling water, cover and cook for 30 seconds to a minute to allow the spinach to wilt down.
- Serve the potato rosti cake with the wilted spinach on top followed by the PECK heart sausage, spoon over the sauce and serve sprinkled with the chopped parsley and cracked black pepper.